Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

A few pictures of my Adeniums



Lots of new leaves can't wait to find out the color.
Here are some pics of all my Adeniums. I only know the colors of three of the seven mature plants. The other four plants I bought without any blooms or leaves for that matter, after they have entered into their winter do

The people working at the big home improvement stores don't have alot of knowledge with these plants, and I can usually get a 50% discount or more when I ask for it.





My First Desert , The last winter freezes did some damage to top.

This plant was grown from a cutting my father gave me, It's almost 10 years old, and used to be just one 3 ft. stem with a bunch of leaves. I went against cutting it to force some branches, because I want this one to grow as wild as possible. I'll experiment with some cutting on some of my others.

My one and only white one
Saved the above from to much water at Lowes, and it was the totally white one I have ever found in my area, or so I thought. Turns out when the flowers first open there is a hint of pink in there.


Some smaller ones, don't know their colors as they haven't for me yet.

The two on the left in the above pic are an example of getting a good deal both had really bad freeze damage when I found them at Lowes. I think I paid five dollars each for them with the 6" clay pots. The one on the right I've had for nearly five years in the same pot and a lot of abuse (no active watering, feeding or fertilizing) due to falling behind the plant shelves and I didn't notice for like 2 years. When I did finally find it again, the caudex was all shriveled. I started watering after the last freeze here and low an behold it sprouted some new leaves.

A nice red multi-branch

I missed getting pictures of this one in full bloom just last week.


Edgar Allan Poe
"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
Edgar Allan Poe

No comments:

Post a Comment